Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Challenge: Day Five

Yesterday, as I'm sure you gathered from the preview, was more than a little frustrating. Having mixed the instruments together until it sounded really good, I got to work on the vocals. I had some guide takes in place already, but wanted to get some good final takes to replace them. It was my inability to get takes that had any life in them which made me realise that the parts were wrong. More specifically, the chorus (which was, at that point, the only origina part of the track left from the beginning of the writing process) just didn't work. The melody was a little dull, but more importantly I had no connection to the lyrics.

I found something that (I think, though all confidence in the track has now disappeared entirely) works much better, but obviously needs a double chorus rather than a single, and makes one of the parts fit badly, so i need an interlude or an entirely new middle eight. Essentially this all means starting again. Joy. Got a few tracks of new instrumentation laid down last night before giving up exhausted and crawling into bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home