Thursday, August 10, 2006

Lots of work = lots of frustration

So, you may think that the lack of update yesterday meant I didn't do anything work-related. And you'd be right. Instead, I went to the gym, came home, dyed my hair (when rinsing the damned stuff off takes upwards of an hour, it's a little time consuming) and went to the pub quiz (we came last, and proudly).

Today, however, is an entirely different matter. I've actually only just stopped battling my sampler/computers to try and make the fuckers work. Progress has been made on the sampler, but major setbacks have occured with the G4 - turns out that the version of mac os (10.4 - tigerrrrrrrr) that I spent an ridiculous amount of money on (though not as much as apple wanted me to) is the only release of mac os x currently not compatible with my digi 001 soundcard, which renders all the samples on my sample library unreadable as the editors wont start. Githats. Turns out that the ideal version of mas os (10.2) is only about £8 on ebay, but I have the horrible feeling the whole thing's going to involve formatting of some kind. And my computer gooroo is busy until Sunday. Wish I'd known that before I went through 3 hours of trying (failing, trying, failing, trying, eventually succeeding) to install 9.2 in order to provide the classic environment said editors require to start the fuck up.

In other, much better, news, the piano is arriving on Monday. Wahey! :D I had this whole post I wanted to do earlier about my addictive response to keyboard patterns, but I was too busy and now I'm too tired. Gotta be up early, as ever, for the fucking gym (personal trainer (just a random one, you understand. I don't have one) walked past me today while I was on The Machine That I Despise and said "You can go faster than that, surely". Bastard). Fortunately, two week anger with it is being displaced by amusement at Girl-With-Disproportionately-Massive-Breasts-Who-Must-Hold-Them-Whilst-Using-Treadmill.

Nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home