Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Challenge: Day Nine

As I've finished for the day, I thought I'd update on the actual challenge day, rather than tomorrow. I have spent 5 hours trying to get a good piano take, fairly unsuccessfully due to a number of stupid things I have done, the worst of which was probably neglecting to eat at the right time. The others include recording 12 minutes of nothing because I forgot to switch from playback to record on the desk and, I've just realised, mic'ing the hammers and wondering why I get an annoying clicking noise during the quiet moments.

I'm still pretty pissed about what happened on Sunday, but I'm fighting the urge to just give up and am currently listening to the track (which I really should start referring to by its name at some point). I have decided that the instrumental mix is a bit weak, but it was my first attempt at any mix ever, so I'm not holding it against me. I actually suspected this on Saturday, but couldnt face spending another 10 hours remixing it. I think that's what I foretell for my future tomorrow.

So much for not being time consuming.

The candles I bought which I only burn when working on this track are about 5/6 gone, which constitutes, according to the packaging, just under 40 hours. I'm betting they'll be gone before I finish mixing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home