Friday, August 11, 2006

Stumbling block.

Having spent too many hours researching sampling software (and finally deciding upon one, only to order it before the cut off for postage before Monday), I find myself wondering what to do next. There are a wide range of things to do, many of which I need to wait for various bits to arrive in the post before being able to do, but it's very much a matter of picking one to start.

As I have not been feeling well today, I have contented myself with various household chores I've been putting off doing (though still ignoring the laundry) and continuing my Musical Education. Turns out I do know what the White Stripes sound like without even realising it. Oh, and Meg's a robot. And Paul McCartney's dead. And Thom Yorke's blind in one eye. I really do have a fun time with myself.

I must remember to go into town tomorrow and join the library. The CD collection for hire is bordering on awesome, considering it's a public library, AND (remembering I have spent the past three years in Coventry where the library has some short stories in Urdu and a lot of phone directories) it has fucking BOOKS. I have the sudden urge to read like I used to before going to University to be Educated. Being educated in the Word really hindered my need to learn. Methinks I shall dig out some mythology (particularly some Celtic and some pre-Roman Slavic methinks) and perhaps some books of art. I want to read some Neil Gaiman that wasn't co-written with Terry Pratchett (currently up to Friday, and appparently the apocalypse is coming. Who knew?).

I'm genuinely bummed that I didn't go to the gym this morning (you wouldn't believe how much I'm not sleeping properly right now, and how disinclined that makes me to get up and straight away head off to bounce up and down and admire the still-not-decreasing mass that is my arse). It turns out that I'll only be able to go twice next week, due to a range of factors which basically mean I have to be at home all the time for three of them and, besides this halting my return to Camp Skinny, means I'll probably miss Ross and the rest of the gang finding out about Chandler and Monica (yes, I schedule my workout around Friends - ever tried making yourself do something you hate whilst watching yet another fucking house makeover show?).

On the plus side, I HAVE managed to find a piano tuner who'll come over and make my C3 even more beautiful than it already is, and fix Henry Jane before she calls up the hit men to sort me out good and proper. She is an angry lady, not to be gotten on the wrong side of. Really, I want him to do Phillip as well, but calling someone and asking them to tune three pianos by ear in one go on 4 days notice seems a tad harsh. Relieved I found someone though - the other tuner in the area said he was booked up til September. Sheesh.

I believe I am best spending my weekend preparing to fall in love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home