Friday, December 15, 2006

The Challenge: Officially on hold

So, I havent really updated properly since Tuesday. I have a very good reason. I haven't been working. Because I've gone deaf.

Now, this really really freaks me out, but I'm fairly certain it's temporary. I've been undergoing treatments leading up to an ear canal irrigation procedure on Monday 18th, and last Monday my requirements changed from warmed olive oil to ear drops. They seem to be causing some residual blockages in both ears, which make hearing things in depth (and in crowded atmospheres) difficult. However, today, I got a really itchy left ear and accidentally managed to push the newly soft wax deeper into my ear and am now totally deaf in my left ear. I'm kicking myself, and not realy enjoying the experience.

However, it means I can't trust my hearing for mixing or setting up mics, so I'm taking a fairly obligatory break. :( Hopefully the procedure on Monday will fix everything completely. I'm terrified of being stuck like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home